We've just got back from a super hot visit to the eternal city. Full of tourist hot spots and ancient monuments, Rome is a truly beautiful city and with the scorching heat was quieter than it normally is year round. See below for some of our favourite places to visit in Rome:
1. The Vatican - Now we're sure this one doesn't come as a suprise but a visit to the Vatican is a must! Skip the queues and jump on a tour. Ours was EUR65 and lasted approximately 3 hours. Take water as you will barely be able to move once you get in there.
2. Villa Borghese Gardens - This beautiful park was our saviour in the mid day heat! Covered over by large trees and with a lovely breeze - take a stroll up to the park which is just north of the Spanish Steps.
3. La Dolce Vita - This quaint traditional ice cream shop charges only EUR2 for a 2 scoop ice cream. It definitely beats £5 for Ben & Jerry's at the cinema.
4. Relais Terme Di Tito - We stayed at the wonderful Relais Terme Di Tito. Their two panaromic roof terraces have fantastic views of the Colosseum and the rest of the city. Up on the 7th floor of an apartment block this hotel is quiet, calm and peaceful.
5. The Colosseum & Roman Forum - No visit to Rome would be complete without a tour of the Colosseum. The ticket also gets you in to the Roman Forum which you can explore at your leisure
Check out the rest of our Rome snaps over on Pinterest